Change~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Competitions and gatherings

+4
Complexity
[Cherish]kun
Kysuke
Tsuki
8 posters

Go down

Game Competitions and gatherings Empty Game Competitions and gatherings

Post by Tsuki Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:50 pm

As people may be aware there rules of NO portable consoles are greatly being ignored. X3

Well for this we may have days of the week for gatherings at lunch for just Adhoc linking with Psp's or ds's

Hopefully we can get some competitions with prizes and allow people to build up their game stats.

Show of your Skills Razz
Tsuki
Tsuki

Back to top Go down

Game Competitions and gatherings Empty Re: Game Competitions and gatherings

Post by Tsuki Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:51 pm

Currently i'm into Tekken 6 anybody wish to verse me?
You need a psp with system updated to 5.05 Gen B
We can provide you with the game however right now the game is only Ready for 5.05 Gen B

Other games can be Monster hunter Freedom Unite (EU)
Dj max
Others just ask ^^
Tsuki
Tsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Kysuke Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:56 am

Yo,
Anyway is it possible if we could umm... hold a Final Fantasy Dissidia (PSP) tournament? It would great as I wish to see how strong I am though i played the Japanese version though >_>''. Also if possible if the Gundam games could have a tournament aswell (as in Gundam Seed Rengou vs. Z.A.F.T. Portable and Kidou Senshi Gundam Gundam vs. Gundam or Kidou Senshi Gundam Gundam vs. Gundam NEXT Plus when it comes out i.e. 3 December 2009).

I have DJ MAX Fever but I'm noob T_T. Bleach Heat the Soul 6, Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai - Another Road (i.e. Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai 2) and Taiko no Tatsujin Portable 2 could be a good choice in tournaments. Uhh I'm kinda just saying all the multiplayer games I have Razz. GTA : Vice City Stories is alright for competitions but it's MA 15+ I think and not a Japanese oriented game (not sure if that matters though).

Tales of VS is a great choice as it has a fighting style like Super Smash Bros. Brawl but only Japanese version. This might be hard for other people for this reason but hey! It's better than hearing horrible English voice actings (I don't have this game though and it's a 5.XX game i.e. needs patching or 5.50 Gen D2). Well this is all for the PSP and on to the NDS (ahh crap this is going to take a while).

Well an obvious choice would be Jump Ultimate / Super Stars (personally I believe Jump Ultimate Stars is better as more characters and functions Razz). Tennis no Oujisama : Crystal Drive 2005 is a game based off the anime "Prince of Tennis" (a great game in my opinion). I believe there's a call for a mahjong game thus choose Kidou Gekidan Haro Ichiza Gundam Mahjong DS. Gundam characters battle it out against each other in mahjong Very Happy. However it's only from the anime Gundam (yes the first one) and Gundam Z.

Well.. there's Mario Kart but I quite detest the game myself while there's also Metriod Prime Hunters, a great FPS game still. If I think of others I may post once again but the post is quite long if you actually bothered to read this. If you wish to find more about these games; either wiki it, google it or pm me if you must! Very Happy I hope we would be able to hold a competition with at least one of these games!

Last edited by Kysuke on Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Making it a bit clearer..)
Kysuke
Kysuke

Back to top Go down

Post by [Cherish]kun Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:00 am

Kysuke wrote:Yo,
Anyway is it possible if we could umm... hold a Final Fantasy Dissidia (PSP) tournament? It would great as I wish to see how strong I am though i played the Japanese version though >_>''. Also if possible if the Gundam games could have a tournament aswell (as in Gundam Seed Rengou vs. Z.A.F.T. Portable and Kidou Senshi Gundam Gundam vs. Gundam or Kidou Senshi Gundam Gundam vs. Gundam NEXT Plus when it comes out i.e. 3 December 2009).

I have DJ MAX Fever but I'm noob T_T. Bleach Heat the Soul 6, Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai - Another Road (i.e. Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai 2) and Taiko no Tatsujin Portable 2 could be a good choice in tournaments. Uhh I'm kinda just saying all the multiplayer games I have Razz. GTA : Vice City Stories is alright for competitions but it's MA 15+ I think and not a Japanese oriented game (not sure if that matters though). Tales of VS is a great choice as it has a fighting style like Super Smash Bros. Brawl but only Japanese version.

This might be hard for other people but hey its better than hearing horrible English voice actings (I don't have this game though and it's a 5.XX game i.e. needs patching or 5.50 Gen D2). Well this is all for the PSP and on to the NDS (ahh crap this is going to take a while).

Well an obvious choice would be Jump Ultimate / Super Stars (personally I believe Jump Ultimate Stars is better as more characters and functions Razz). Tennis no Oujisama : Crystal Drive 2005 is a game based off the anime "Prince of Tennis" (a great game in my opinion). I believe there's a call for a mahjong game thus choose Kidou Gekidan Haro Ichiza Gundam Mahjong DS. Gundam characters battle it out against each other in mahjong Very Happy. However it's only from the anime Gundam (yes the first one) and Gundam Z.

Well.. there's Mario Kart but I quite detest the game myself while there's also Metriod Prime Hunters, a great FPS game still. If I think of others I may post once again but the post is quite long if you actually bothered to read this. If you wish to find more about these games; either wiki it, google it or pm me if you must! Very Happy I hope we would be able to hold a competition with at least one of these games!

requirements for DJ max?
[Cherish]kun
[Cherish]kun

Back to top Go down

Post by Kysuke Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:21 am

[Cherish]kun wrote:
Kysuke wrote:Yo,

I have DJ MAX Fever but I'm noob T_T. Bleach Heat the Soul 6, Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai - Another Road (i.e. Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai 2) and Taiko no Tatsujin Portable 2 could be a good choice in tournaments. Uhh I'm kinda just saying all the multiplayer games I have Razz. GTA : Vice City Stories is alright for competitions but it's MA 15+ I think and not a Japanese oriented game (not sure if that matters though). Tales of VS is a great choice as it has a fighting style like Super Smash Bros. Brawl but only Japanese version.

This might be hard for other people but hey its better than hearing horrible English voice actings (I don't have this game though and it's a 5.XX game i.e. needs patching or 5.50 Gen D2). Well this is all for the PSP and on to the NDS (ahh crap this is going to take a while).

requirements for DJ max?

I believe there isn't any requirements for the DJ MAX games however you are suppose to patch the games in order to run them (if you don't, it gets all glitchy and freezes etc). It's a great game but I should've went for the Japanese / Korean version as they have songs in those languages.

Last edited by Kysuke on Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:25 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixing some grammatical / spelling mistakes and adding a bit more information.)
Kysuke
Kysuke

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuki Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:07 am

I believe there isn't any requirements for the DJ MAX games however you are suppose to patch the games in order to run them (if you don't, it gets all glitchy and freezes etc). It's a great game but I should've went for the Japanese / Korean version as they have songs in those languages.

Hmm i don't believe there is much requirements i have played Dj Max and it's working fine for me...
You don't really need patches.

About the compotitions we may be able to use C13 on days other than thursday but that would depend on the number of people attending.
Tsuki
Tsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Complexity Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:02 am

Street fighter four competition if we get a laptop so lets hope i win that raffle =P
Complexity
Complexity

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuki Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:56 am

Also for Dj Max there are currently many editions.
For example the ones i have in my hard drive are
Portable, portable 2, clazziqui, fever and my UMD of Black square.
All of the dj max games have 3 language settings except for fever which is made in USA. Otherwise you can select Japanese, Korean of English.

Also all the musics will eventually be unlocked, or require UMD data update so you you should be able to unock most songs.
Tsuki
Tsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Kysuke Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:55 am

I researched a bit about the DJ Max games.. Fever needs a patch or else it goes glitchy and freezes shortly after. I downloaded this version of Dj Max from www.pspisoz.com/ (affraid yeah yeah I'm a pirate pirat So what if I am? Razz). Supposively (emphasize supposively) Clazziqui also needs to be patched aswell (haven't tried it though and blame google if I'm wrong).

You guys with PSPs should really get Tales of Versus! It's like Brawl (ok geez it may seem like a clone but it has the "Tales of" series characters with minor and major differences) but on the PSP. I have downloaded this game from www.pspisoz.com/ and comfirm it works on my PSP CFW 5.50 Gen-B (it's pre-patched!). You need at least CFW 5.50 Gen-B (not sure about the versions above..) At least we can prepare for some competition once we get back! Hope we can decide what games to have competitions first Exclamation

Last edited by Kysuke on Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:00 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : A bit of information missing..)
Kysuke
Kysuke

Back to top Go down

Post by Complexity Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:55 am

Some of those guys with PSPs have Tales of Versus.
Anyways, since we did not win the laptop....we must think of something constructive so that we can get something going along for gaming tournaments on computers.

We can always go korean and play starcraft XP
Complexity
Complexity

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuki Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:37 am

I'm hopefully getting a lap top soon so Train your dream may be comming true XD.
Also for you gamers out there we may also have possible weekend ch gatherings?
Well we could get people interested or something X3
Tsuki
Tsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Ljothjor Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:40 am

YES!!! STREET FIGHTER 4 TOURNAMENTS!!!!
Ljothjor
Ljothjor

Back to top Go down

Post by GOKU Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:33 am

YEAHH!!! GUNDAM ZAFT!!! =]]]]]]] MY POWER LVL IS 9001 IN THAT GAME=] OWNED YOU JORDAAAAAAAN! =]
GOKU
GOKU

Back to top Go down

Post by [Cherish]kun Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:10 pm

I gots Tales of Versus. but really nooby.
[Cherish]kun
[Cherish]kun

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuki Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:53 am

Hmm have all those games and willing to play if anybody is interested.
As for the lap top i'm not sure when i'm going to get it...
Animania does have it's priorities and other family matters like a good banquet XD
Tsuki
Tsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by killuahisoka Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:14 am

I wonder if it will be possible to play a Monster Multiplayer Quest gmae sort of thing?
killuahisoka
killuahisoka

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuki Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:25 am

Would be glad too Razz
I have a bunch of friends who enjoy MH
All of ours are MHFU (eu)
Just hope you have the right ones X3
Tsuki
Tsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Kysuke Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:03 pm

@ [Cherish]kun
I told you it wouldn't be easy to play Tales of Versus without knowing a reasonable amount of Japanese Evil or Very Mad . It takes a lot of time to train your characters to their fullest potential. I've got my overall playtime to 44ish hours and my characters aren't that powerful compared to the coms affraid

What coincident Laughing (though James was trying to shadily encourage someone to say something about MHFU Rolling Eyes )! In our PSP gang, MHFU (i.e. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite for those who don't know) is the new craze now! Luckily we've got the Europe version Cool . I've finally finished downloading MHFU at Saturday morning (i.e. yesterday) after leaving it over night for three days while being capped (on the second night the computer restarted for a update and had to leave it on for another night affraid ) Exclamation

Unfortunately there aren't many options for competition in MH affraid . Only ones if come up are time battles (i.e. however can take down the monster or finish the quest the fastest) or minigames (i.e. the highest number of fish caught though this doesn't sound appealing). However the good thing is that this can be classified under game gatherings afro .
Spoiler:

Last edited by Kysuke on Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:38 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed a message from hidden to spoiler)
Kysuke
Kysuke

Back to top Go down

Post by killuahisoka Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:08 pm

Razz @ jordan
killuahisoka
killuahisoka

Back to top Go down

Post by Kysuke Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:41 am

About the games we could play on the laptop.. I have a game know as "Osu!". A fan-based computer version of the well-known musical rhythm games, Taiko no Tatsujin and Ouendan / Elite Beat Agents afro

For those who don't know either these games, Ouendan was a successful rhythm game originated from Japan. They use popular songs and allows you to tap circles in time of the music. The better the timing, the more points you get. For the controls and gameplay, please google / wiki it. Elite Beat Agents is the English version of Ouendan due to its big success Very Happy . Both games are NDS only.

Taiko no Tatsujin is, as the title says, a game involving to hit in beat with a "taiko". A taiko is a traditional Japanese drum used in festivals. This was originally an arcade game however was ported to the NDS and PSP. Though having similar concepts with Ouendan/ EBA, the beats for Taiko no Tatsujin come out in a straight line however have two different colours (blue and red/orange). For example for the PSP version of the game, X is used to hit red and R-trigger to hit the blue. For more information please refer to google or wiki.

Osu! is a game with three different modes, normal (i.e. Ouendan style) Taiko and Catch the Beat (an original idea). Beatmappers create beatmaps and uploaded onto the official site. You can download these beatmaps to play by yourself or with other fellow osu players. Also you can create your own beatmap as well however it isn't easy as I have failed trying . For more information about gameplay and controls search it up on google and click on the one that isn't the university one. Hope this helps Cool
Kysuke
Kysuke

Back to top Go down

Post by killuahisoka Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:32 am

Kysuke wrote:About the games we could play on the laptop.. I have a game know as "Osu!". A fan-based computer version of the well-known musical rhythm games, Taiko no Tatsujin and Ouendan / Elite Beat Agents afro

For those who don't know either these games, Ouendan was a successful rhythm game originated from Japan. They use popular songs and allows you to tap circles in time of the music. The better the timing, the more points you get. For the controls and gameplay, please google / wiki it. Elite Beat Agents is the English version of Ouendan due to its big success Very Happy . Both games are NDS only.

Taiko no Tatsujin is, as the title says, a game involving to hit in beat with a "taiko". A taiko is a traditional Japanese drum used in festivals. This was originally an arcade game however was ported to the NDS and PSP. Though having similar concepts with Ouendan/ EBA, the beats for Taiko no Tatsujin come out in a straight line however have two different colours (blue and red/orange). For example for the PSP version of the game, X is used to hit red and R-trigger to hit the blue. For more information please refer to google or wiki.

Osu! is a game with three different modes, normal (i.e. Ouendan style) Taiko and Catch the Beat (an original idea). Beatmappers create beatmaps and uploaded onto the official site. You can download these beatmaps to play by yourself or with other fellow osu players. Also you can create your own beatmap as well however it isn't easy as I have failed trying . For more information about gameplay and controls search it up on google and click on the one that isn't the university one. Hope this helps Cool
lol. Jordan did you you just copy and paste this?
killuahisoka
killuahisoka

Back to top Go down

Post by Genesis Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:25 am

DISSIDIA PSP MULTIPLAYER

or Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep, when it actually reaches Australia ...-_-"
Genesis
Genesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Kysuke Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:11 am

@ killuahisoka
No I didn't copy and paste it Shocked Exclamation Also please refer to me via username rather than my real name and keep your post about the topic rather than wandering off Mad

I don't mind playing Final Fantasy Dissidia however I only play the Jap version as I can't stand the horrible voice acting (gotta love Romi Paku's voice acting for Zidane Very Happy ). Can't be stuffed downloading Final Fantasy Dissidia: Universal Tuning pirat and playing it all over again. Gotta sharpen up my skills and get more summons / level up my characters if we do host a Final Fantasy Dissidia competition Smile

Also, Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep is going to take forever for it to get over to Australia so we shouldn't get our hopes too high Crying or Very sad
Kysuke
Kysuke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum